Friday, September 28, 2007

Fall TV: Best New Shows

Gossip Girl CW Wednesdays - as one of my favorite TV friends says..."Okay, I'm a 14 year old girl. I love this show." (And we are both about 20 years older than 14!) Writer, Josh Schwartz - he of The O.C. fame...has done it again with an over the top teen-angsty soapy drama - the kind I love. At this point- no one is all good. No one is all bad - and who knows what will happen next. It is all the drama of The O.C. without the Seth Cohen fun snarkiness...but, Dan...Dan, may just turn out to be a Seth Cohen, yet. LOVE it.
The Big Bang Theory CBS Mondays - This show makes me laugh out loud a lot. These geeks are hilarious. I wasn't even planning to watch this show and just happened to catch it. Leonard is my favorite. Try not to laugh at their video game playing, Superman marathon, Jenga playing lives.
Dirty Sexy Money ABC Tuesdays- The Darlings are a fascinating family. I've read lots of comparisons to the Bluths of yesteryear...but, I love me some Peter Krause...much more Casey McCall than Nate Fisher - which is good. I love the zaniness.
Chuck - NBC Mondays - Love that Zachary Levi. Love the premise. Great Anchor for the NBC Monday night lineup.
Pushing Daisies - ABC Wednesday -Thought it would be weird - and it was...but good weird. Any show that can have Tony Winner Kristin Chenoweth belting out "Hopelessly Devoted to You" is a winner in my book.
Life NBC Wednesday- For a procedural - this is a good one - I like his back story. I like that he has a mystery to figure out himself. Please watch this show. It needs more viewers.

**UPDATE: I hadn't seen Women's Murder Club when I wrote this. I really like it - Honorable Mention to it. Also - everyone loves Samantha Who?...but me. A REALLY likable cast...Yay Sookie! and Brian! and Jesse...but, I don't really like the writing and its grating on me. I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment